Psst. Your finances are leaking.
Don’t be embarrassed! It happens to everyone. We all have holes in our budgets that waste money, often without our knowledge. Last year, we identified 25 common money-wasters, and our list proved so popular that we’re back with a fresh collection of even more ideas to help you locate and plug spending leaks.
Some financial leaks are gushers; others are small drips that can add up to big bucks over time. Either way, stop pouring your hard-earned cash down the drain and put it to better use. For instance, you could use the money you save to pay down debt, bolster your savings or pad your budget to break your dependence on credit cards.
The main ones for teens include the following:
- #9 don’t break the driving laws: tickets cost a lot of money
- #13 go deep into student loan debt for a low-paying career
- #16 race through online check-out
- #21 be an early adopter of technology
- #22 buy cheap merchandise (hint: it doesn’t last)
- #25 be lazy
Get all the details as you view the slide show to learn more.
the original article from Kiplinger.com, written by Erin Burt