thanks for visiting the assignment desk, the following list of topics are for stories we’re trying to do in August and September.
summer fun …
what have you been doing? where have you been?
- great summer jobs
- community service projects
- travel plans, trips and adventures
- inexpensive things to do
topics for each class …
attention seniors: we would welcome any articles about the whole college search, testing, application, admissions process while it is still fresh in your mind. what surprised you? tips you want to pass on. what you would have done differently? the best and worst advice you were given? we would welcome your articles about any and all aspects of your journey.
attention juniors: it is said that junior year is the hardest year. what’s on your mind this year? tell us about class choice decisions, ACT/SAT preparation plans, college visits, getting your driving license.
attention sophomores: what’s on your mind this year? have you become involved in clubs and activities? are you happy with your class choices? any advice for the new freshmen class?
attention freshmen: how it’s going? is it what you expected? what were the biggest surprises? how are the older kids treating you?
random – but fun …
- school dress codes: do you have one? is it enforced? is it needed?
- cafeteria food: how is the food at your school? what would you change?
- selecting classes: deciding on regular, honors or AP classes. share your thoughts, ideas and frustrations. is is better to ace a regular class or get a B in an honors class? what are colleges looking for? do I really have to take three lab sciences? what’s the deal with foreign languages? share your thoughts: interview other students, interview a guidance counselor.
in addition to our special or timely assignments, we have a lot of ideas for daily contributions
do you have a strong interest and passion for any of the areas listed below?
movies, tv, music, books, gaming, fashion/style, technology, sports, cars, fitness/health
if so, let us know. we need all types of content in each of these areas, from reviews, to resources and interesting feature stories. We are looking for contributors and editors.
please let us know if you are interested in being an editor for one of the sections.
if you are not a pop-culture, athletic, techno-fashionista, health and car enthusiast, we still have assignments you may be interested in. we are looking for contributions to our homeroom and life sections. we need material on school academics, and school activities: clubs, student government, volunteer projects, homework resources, study tips, etc. in terms of Life, we want content about relationships, friendships, family-life, social life, cliques, parties, coping strategies, etc.
contact us with your ideas and submissions.